It used to be very common for people to raise chickens in their back yard, even if you lived in the city. The hens provided fresh eggs and meat for their owners. They also had the added benefit of providing bug control.
Chicken keeping fell out of favor for awhile but it is making a come back as people more and more want to know where their food is coming from. They make great pets and are fairly easy to keep, even if you don’t have a lot of room.
- Constant supply of fresh eggs.
- Fresh supply of meat if you choose to go that route.
- Insect control in your yard.
- Their poop makes great fertilizer for your lawn and garden.
- They aerate your yard as they scratch and peck around.
- You know exactly what you are eating since you provide the feed for them.
Raising chickens in your backyard can be a fun and exciting experience for the whole family. Do your research so that you know what to expect and so that you are properly set up to care for your new flock of hens.
Visit this link to get more information on raising chickens . You can also sign up for a free newsletter by clicking here.
Find out how to avoid the 7 deadly mistakes when keeping chickens in your backyard and learn how to keep your chickens alive. Click here or click the picture below and then scroll to the very bottom of the page to get your FREE report.